Friday, January 8, 2010

Friendship Flower Pot

Hi everyone, Happy Friday! Today's card is for the Hero Arts challenge. They are having a new challenge format now, be sure to check it out!!

I decided to write the tutorial for this flower pot. This is the first time I write any tutorial, forgive me if I'm really bad at it! :) I will improve next time, thanks for reading!! Have a beautiful weekend, enjoy!!



How to:

1. Score 9"x 3 1/2" piece of card stock in landscape position at 2" and 5 1/2".

2. Fold the 2" score line in a mountain fold and the 5 1/2" score line in a valley fold.

3. Punch the edge of the 2" front flap with the scallop edge punch.

4. To create the flower pot shape, place the cardstock in the paper trimmer with the top 2" flap flipped up and the bottom flap folded behind.

Line up the 2" score line with the cutting track and the 5 1/2" fold line with the 1/2" mark on the trimmer.

Place the cutting guide over the card and cut. turn cardsotck and repeat.

5. Decorated the flower pot the way you like and I used the distress ink to ink the edge of the pot.

6. Tie the ribbon around the top part of the flower pot to hold the pot together, attach a button to the ribbon if you like.

7. Adhere the 2 1/4"x4 1/4" piece of patterned paper to the 2 1/2"x 4 1/2" piece of cardstock. This will be the insert piece with the hearts attached at the top. Stamp your sentiment on the lower portion.

8. Stamp 3 big hearts and 2 small hearts using different colors, cut out and arrange the hearts the way you like them on the top portion of the insert.

9. Ta Da... you have the friendship flower pot! :)

This is super fun to make, I hope you will give it a try!!

Supplies: Hero Arts stamps, pearls, PTI ribbon, button, BG pp, Stampin'Up card stocks, scallop edge punch

Thank you for stopping by!

27 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love this project Kiara! I can feel the love and the friendship with the abundance of scattered hearts, and wonderful tutorial too, I'll have to give it a try someday!

Heather P. said...

Oh Kiara! I LOVE this! Absolutely *love* this! It's beautiful! :)

Lin said...

LOVE THIS! It makes me smile to look at it! I can't wait to try it myself!! Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial, Kiara!

Laurel Beard said...

I absolutely love this and can't wait to try it. THANK YOU For posting this tutorial!

Jenyfur said...

Wonderful project and fantastic tutorial! Love love love this!

Alice said...

YAY!! Definitely LOVE seeing your card again, Kiara!! Gorgeous card and awesome tutorial!! will have to try this!!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

I {heart} this,Kiara! Thanks for the tutorial, will have to try!

Pajalu said...

Kiara what a beautiful card :D. I enjoyed the tutorial as well xoxoxo

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

So pretty, Kiara!

Jackie said...

That is just adorable! I've made on using flowers before, but I love your idea with hearts!

Virginia L. said...

SUPER fantastic project, Kiara! So many beautiful details in this....Pure eye cnady!! Love your work and glad that you are getting creative again :)

donna mikasa said...

Oh, what a wonderful project, Kiara! And I love your tutorial--it's perfect! So good to see your work again! Hope you're feeling 100% again...no relapses!!

Jacqueline said...

Once again your colors give such a burst of creativity to your projects - this is so gorgeous! TFS!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous heart flowers! Love the idea of sending a flowerpot of friendship! Too sweet!

Kelly Booth said...

So cute and FUn Kiara....Love this!!!

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Word. How fabulous is this?! I love this project. Good show!!!

Sanne said...

IMG....this is stunning Kiara - love the many colors and the fresh design. Make me think of summer!

Jill said...

I love this! Great colors and AWESOME design! Thanks for the tutorial, too! I just may have to give this a try! :)

Sherri said...

How sweet is that! ...love the hearts instead of flowers:)

Barbara said...

This is so pretty! I love the cut out hearts on the card! The whole project is gorgeous and just so clever!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Oh, this is such a great card! Thanks for posting the tutorial! Great job!

Maylee said...

What a cheerful project Kiara! Thanks for the tutorial!

Jane said...

How BRILLIANT! Love this!!!

Vanessa said...

What a clever idea! Love your flower pot card! Gorgeous, Kiara!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

jacque4u2c said...

This is just so adorable! I just love it!

Amy said...

This is fabulous Kiara! Thanks so much for the tutorial, which was perfectly done!

Yenni Natalia said...

Love it so much..thanks for the tutorial..will give it a try